Anesthesia Tech - Atrium Health Mercy - FT
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Posted: Dec 31, 2019
Job Req ID: 292421
Position Number: 00130082
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: 10:30am-7pm or 11am-730pm
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Anesthesia
Location: Atrium Health Mercy
Location Details: Atrium Health Mercy
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
The Anesthesia Technician's primary function is to provide support and assist the certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA) and the anesthesiologist. Responsible for ensuring OR is set up with all supplies and any necessary specialty equipment for all cases in the operating room. Ensures all equipment has required maintenance completed.
- Demonstrates working knowledge and skills necessary to arrange for the provision of appropriate care for the newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric population of surgical patients.
- Checks and restocks anesthesia carts, omnicells, operating rooms, machine drawers, etc. to ensure adequate par levels of items are maintained. Rechecks par levels throughout shift and restocks as needed.
- Performs anesthesia machine check and shows competency with this skill.
- Assembles IV fluid sets and transducer sets for anesthesia use per protocol.
- Cleans all anesthesia equipment after use per departmental protocol.
- Ensures all equipment, parts, and supplies are in working order, (monitors cables, leads, blood warmer, blood pressure cuffs, doppler probes, tubing, cannisters, airway carts and equipment), as well as calibrates and records results of daily equipment checks.
- Assists the Anesthesiologist with the placement of lines, and is available during critical times (airway emergency, trauma, code blue).
- Maintains supply inventory and assists with stocking equipment room throughout the shift.
- Positions patients for anesthetic procedures.
- Assists in the movement of anesthesia equipment from the operating room or storage area to outlying areas supported by anesthesia (NORA Locations).
- Follows core specific set-up guidelines for all cases/cores assigned.
Frequent moderate to heavy lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying. Frequent walking, standing, stooping and reaching. Working conditions include a general hospital environment with frequent exposure to chemicals, pathogens, patient blood and body fluids and medical gases. Fast-paced, high tension environment with sense of urgency for supplies and equipment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Anesthesia Department or Nursing Assistant experience preferred. BLS HCP from AHA/CPR Certification (adult and child) required within 90 days of employment.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates Knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the population served.
Protected Health Information
Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Anesthesia Machine checks and maintenance. Specialty anesthesia and airway equipment. Cleaning equipment and agents. Computer terminal and printer. Telephone. Copier.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
- Full Time