Advanced Practice Provider - PRN Geneva Inpatient
- Location: Geneva, OH
- Posted: Jan 8, 2020
Seeking PRN advanced practice provider to work at Geneva Medical Center in a Hospitalist capacity with inpatient rounding. Travel may be required to other sites on occasion (Conneaut and Ashtabula). Inpatient experience with Med/Surg background preferred.
• Performs patient assessment and assigns diagnosis based on recorded assessment data and current scientific and current research.
• Establishes plan of care and implements interventions in accordance with care paths, protocols, and standards of care and current research.
• Collaborates w/other health care providers in an interdisciplinary approach to provide care to the patient and family.
• Order and perform routine diagnostic procedures
• Develop and implement treatment plans
• Monitor the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions
• Contributes to the educational development of staff, patients, family and self.
• Demonstrates progressive leadership and effective management.
• Provides education through role modeling and in-services to meet identified learning needs and to promote professionalism.
• Advances own professional development through self-directed learning, continuing education and participation in peer review.
• Initiates and maintains positive relationships with patients/customers.
• Initiates and maintains positive relationships with co-workers.
• Takes responsibility for self-development and supports a learning environment.
• Displays commitment to the mission of the hospital and its values.
Experience and Knowledge:
Demonstration of quality care in prior positions.
Demonstrated leadership skills
Demonstrated skills in interpersonal relationships
Nursing Doctorate or Master of Science in Nursing with emphasis on clinical practice.
Completion of a formal Physician Assistant training from an accredited program with NCCPA certification.
Required Credentials, Licensure or Certification (i.e. RN, RRT):
Current RN license to practice in Ohio
Current APRN license to practice in Ohio
Nurse Practitioner Certification
NCCPA-certified PA (PA-C) or eligible to be certified.
Must meet all requirements of the Ohio State Medical Board for Physician Assistants.
Approval by the Ohio State Medical Board of standard or supplemental physician assistant utilization plan and supervision agreement between supervising physician and physician assistant before beginning work as a PA.
Must be credentialed by University Hospitals of Cleveland credentialing office before beginning work as a PA
Experience with Inpatient Med/Surg patient population
Advanced practice experience strongly preferred