Admissions Transfer Coordinator
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Posted: Dec 7, 2019
Job Req ID: 258541
Position Number: 00151102
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: Variable
Standard Hours: 4.00
Department Name: NSG - Patient Placement
Location: BH Contract Management Group
Location Details: 1601 Abbey Place, Suite 110, Charlotte, NC 28209
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Proactively coordinates patient flow and inpatient beds from a hospital wide perspective for multiple Atrium Health Hospitals using the most current bed allocation criteria.
Collaborates with coworkers in Patient Placement as well as other departments and disciplines to assure timely bed assignments to the most appropriate level of care. Identifies and responds to issues impacting or delaying patient throughput, escalating issues as necessary. Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Assigns beds in accordance with unit criteria and hospital policies.
- Able to successfully navigate in various applications to include but not limited to Cerner and Epic.
- Creates pre-admission accounts in Epic for direct admission patients accurately.
- Reviews applicable information in Epic and Cerner to assist with proper placement of patients
- Coordinates bed clean priorities with environmental services.
- Communicates relevant information to coworkers and escalates placement issues to the team lead as necessary.
- Assists with training new teammates.
- Keeps up to date with changes in bed allocation criteria including unit changes, hospital policy changes and infection control policies.
- Provides support to customers.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods. Ability to multi-task under pressure. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively on the computer and via telephone. Ability to continuously monitor computer screens
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Graduate required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience in medical office or hospital setting required. Working knowledge of medical terminology required. Proficient computer skills required. Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
- Part Time