Advanced Practice Provider - Palliative Care
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Posted: Jan 2, 2020
Seeking full-time Advanced Practice Provider to work as part of the Section of Palliative Care at UH Cleveland Medical Center, main campus. The applicant will serve primarily as an inpatient consultant, as part of the Palliative Care Consultation Service. Work responsibilities will be on a M-F basis, with occasional (e.g., 1 out of 6) weekend call responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in Palliative Care and/or Hospice settings; advanced certification in Palliative Care is strongly preferred
• Performs patient assessment and assigns diagnosis based on recorded assessment data and current scientific and current research.
• Establishes plan of care and implements interventions in accordance with carepaths, protocols, and standards of care and current research.
• Collaborates w/other health care providers in an interdisciplinary approach to provide care to the patient and family.
• Monitor the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions
• Contributes to the educational development of staff, patients, family and self.
• Demonstrates progressive leadership and effective management.
• Provides education through role modeling and in-services to meet identified learning needs and to promote professionalism.
• Advances own professional development through self-directed learning, continuing education and participation in peer review.
• Initiates and maintains positive relationships with patients/customers.
• Initiates and maintains positive relationships with co-workers.
• Takes responsibility for self-development and supports a learning environment.
• Displays commitment to the mission of the hospital and its values.
Experience and Knowledge:
Demonstrated proficiency in core Palliative Care competencies
Prior experience in Palliative Care of Hospice preferred
Demonstrated leadership skills
Demonstrated skills in interpersonal relationships
Nursing Doctorate or Master of Science in Nursing with emphasis on clinical practice.
Completion of a formal Physician Assistant training from an accredited program with NCCPA certification.
Required Credentials, Licensure or Certification (i.e. RN, RRT):
Current RN license to practice in Ohio
Current APRN license to practice in Ohio
Nurse Practitioner Certification
NCCPA-certified PA (PA-C) or eligible to be certified.
Must meet all requirements of the Ohio State Medical Board for Physician Assistants.
Approval by the Ohio State Medical Board of standard or supplemental physician assistant utilization plan and supervision agreement between supervising physician and physician assistant before beginning work as a PA.
Must be credentialed by University Hospitals of Cleveland credentialing office before beginning work as a PA