Anesthesia Tech - Atrium Health's CMC - FT
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Posted: Nov 26, 2019
Job Req ID: 247341
Position Number: 00099383
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: FT
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Anesthesia
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: Atrium Health's CMC
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Aids in anesthesia care through the preparation of equipment and supplies. Assists the certified registered nurse anesthetists and the anesthesiologists.
- Assists the Anesthesiologist with the placement of lines when needed.
- Sets up the following items when needed: Rapid Infuser and other complex infusion lines.
- Places non-invasive monitors on patients appropriately (ie. EKG, NIBP, Sa02, Skin temp, Precordial stethoscope).
- Positions patients for anesthetic procedures.
- Assists the anesthesia providers in the operating room with critical patients.
- Performs cleaning and preventative maintenance on anesthesia equipment and other related equipment/devices.
- Maintains supply inventory of anesthesia storage locations and related Inventory Control functions.
- Participates in in-services and continuing education of the Anesthesia Support Personnel.
Frequent moderate to heavy lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying. Frequent walking, standing, stooping and reaching. Working conditions include a general hospital environment with frequent exposure to chemicals, pathogens, patient blood and body fluids and medical gases. Environment is climate controlled.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or GED required. Anesthesia Department or Nursing Assistant experience preferred. BLS HCP from AHA/CPR Certification (adult and child) required within 90 days of employment.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
- Full Time