Chief Operating Officer
- Location: Madison, MS
- Posted: Nov 25, 2019
The Chief Executive Officer of HPIC is responsible for the leadership, direction and oversight of HPIC operations, including daily operational processes, strategy, underwriting and policy services, marketing and sales, risk management, claims, compliance, board relations, team development and management, and community and agent relations. This leader will interface with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, including the board of directors, MHA Solutions leadership, hospital administration and executive leadership, and other MHA subsidiary groups. The HPIC CEO will play a strategic and executional role to deliver on company objectives and goals. This executive will have significant interaction with board members and senior leaders of MHA and its subsidiary entities to ensure alignment of interests and goals from a hospital membership perspective. The CEO of HPIC will serve as a trusted guardian and ambassador of HPIC and the greater Mississippi Hospital Association. As such, high integrity, synergistic collaboration, and commitment to superior service and standards are crucial to success.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Holds executive responsibility for all operational functions of HPIC, including underwriting and policy services, marketing and sales, risk management, claims, compliance, board relations, team development and management, and community and agent relations
- Directs all aspects of the company's activities to attain strong financial stability, maximum profit and long-range growth
- Leads the creation of annual operating plans to include budgets, long- and short-term strategic planning, and marketing plans that support directions set by the board
- Establishes and develops strong working and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to assist in achieving the strategic goals in an aligned and transparent manner
- Refines, builds upon and executes HPIC's existing strategic plan
- Coordinates deployment and development of the company's human resources
- Serves on the HPI Company board; acts as liaison between management and the HPIC, HPI Company and HPIC RRG boards
- Successfully leads, inspires, motivates, achieves growth and enhances company performance
- Establishes overall objectives, policies and plans subject to the approval of the boards
- Leads, coordinates and participates in strategic planning process
- Organizes and prioritizes resources to achieve company goals and objectives
- Develops and implements systems and plans to support goals and objectives
- Inspires and works alongside staff to achieve goals
This position is responsible for the supervision of both exempt, management and non-exempt personnel. Supervisory responsibilities are performed in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws, rules and regulations. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10 to 15 years of management experience in a healthcare and or insurance operations environment, including at least five years of experience or exposure to professional liability (MPL, HPL) or workers' compensation field
- Demonstrated understanding of a reciprocal insurance company and a member-driven association structure
- Knowledge of today's healthcare and insurance issues, trends, markets, etc.
- Experience with or solid exposure to engagement with board of directors in a collaborative and strategic manner
- Alignment with and embodiment of the cultural values of MHA
- A highly collaborative and team-oriented approach
- Strong communication and relationship-building abilities at a senior executive and board level
- Effective management and strategic leadership skills
- Skill in identifying and recognizing strong talent in diverse environments
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
- Full Time