Rehab Services-Per Diem Physical Therapist
- Location: Boston, MA
- Posted: Nov 13, 2019
Physical Therapists provide services to patients who have impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in function and health status resulting form injury, disease, or other causes. Physical Therapists perform evaluations and treatment based on data gathered from examination. They synthesize findings from history, system review, tests and measures to establish the diagnosis, prognosis, and plan of care. The complexity of their evaluation includes the clinical findings, the extent of loss of function, social considerations and overall physical function and health status.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs evaluations, progresses treatment and develops plans according to the Standards of Practice for Physical Therapists by the American Physical Therapy Association.
1. Gathers and documents all pertinent patient medical history and related
information that may impact treatment or goals.
2. Performs comprehensive physical and functional evaluative procedures to
determine the extent of disability and to identify specific problems.
3. Establishes individualized, specific and realistic short and long-term rehabilitation
goals and detailed therapeutic treatment plan based upon the evaluation results
and professional knowledge and judgment.
4. Administers appropriate, skilled physical therapy treatments in order to achieve
established goals in a professional, efficient and timely manner.
5. Demonstrates professional judgment and skill in applying therapeutic principles
and practices. Demonstrates understanding of contraindications. Monitors
patients response to treatment and modifies approach, goals and /or plan as
Maintain complete, accurate documentation and medical records in the approved departmental and professional format of the Guidelines of the APTA for Physical Therapy Documentation, and Department Policy and Procedures.
1. Completes interagency care plans, managed care forms, physician reports,
billing and statistical information and other required data in a timely manner.
2. Facilitate appropriate billing for patient care provided according to billing
compliance policy and procedure.
3. Stay within insurance guidelines and complete all documentation related to
insurance authorization, recertification and extensions as required within
timeframes as outlined. (24 hours)
Work as a member of the Rehabilitation Department Team as well as the greater hospital interdisciplinary team.
1. Consults with physicians and other health professionals, as necessary to discuss
progress, problems, develop action plans, coordinate approaches, and develop
2. Makes appropriate recommendations for equipment and supplies. Obtains
the items or provides patients and /or family members with referral information.
3. Strives to work harmoniously with others and develop positive and effective
working relationships, and demonstrate a team attitude toward rehabilitation.
4. Uses tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult issues.
Establish and maintain a responsible work plan.
1. Demonstrates a time conscious awareness, striving to meet expectations
and productivity guidelines for the position. Uses discretionary time effectively.
2. Assists others as appropriate to complete assignments or provide coverage.
Demonstrates the ability to identify patient and departmental priorities and respond
1. Meets regularly with clinical supervisor to identify abilities and growth needs,
promote patient care, communication and assist in professional development.
2. Communicates to supervisor any problems, concerns, issues, suggestions,
recommendations and works to resolve. Assists to develop programs within
3. Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling to accommodate needs of patients and
Participates in and demonstrates continuing education, departmental projects, and student program according to departments student program standard.
Participates in Department QI Program/Outcomes project.
1.Utilizes outcomes information to maximize treatment. Submits a minimum of 10
patients per quarter into the database for correlation.)
Participates in staff meetings/team meetings and journal club, as scheduled.
Utilizes and works with support personnel in an efficient, professional manner.
Directs patient care by advising and providing technical assistance for Physical
Therapy Assistant, Northeastern University Cooperative Education Students, and
MGH Interns. Delegates direct patient care activities to assist with their professional
growth and departmental efficiency.
Adheres to department coverage policy by completing all assigned shifts or finding
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why weve been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If youre looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Womens Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy required.
Masters Entry Level, or Advanced Masters in Physical Therapy or Doctor of Physical Therapy preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS (if applicable):
Current License in the State of Massachusetts as a PT or application for the same required and maintained.
Current CPR certification required and maintained.
APTA membership preferred
APTA National Board Certification preferred
Brigham and Womens Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employees protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.