Patient Access Rep IV, PA Lead
- Location: Sanford, NC
- Posted: Oct 26, 2019
Responsible for accurately scheduling diagnostic and/or surgical procedures. Conducts physician office/patient interviews, and explains hospital procedure guidelines and policies. Coordinates with clinical departments on schedule modifications. Also responsible for providing guidance and mentoring of new and/or existing staff with daily work effort and proper handling of accounts.
1. Provides daily support/mentoring/training to new hires as well as existing Patient Access staff. Provides assistance in managing escalated issues as needed.
2. Responsible for obtaining complete and accurate clinical, demographic and financial information during the scheduling process. Enters data in scheduling system or other applications. Provides the customer with prep and other appointment instructions.
3. Follows guidelines for special requests/Stat/schedule modification procedures and coordinates communications with clinical areas to accommodate the customers requests.
4. Answers telephone calls according to designated scripting for the scheduling process. Maintains positive customer service at all times, referring unresolved issues to appropriate supervisor.
5. Notifies customer of physician order, pre-authorization and other financial clearance requirements.
6. Responsible for the monitoring of daily activity and completion of performance reports and participates in special projects.
High school diploma or equivalent
Two years of college
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Prefer candidates with 2-5 years experience in medical facility, health insurance, or related area. 3+ years in Patient Access/Scheduling
1-2 years in supervisory or lead role.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran