- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Posted: Oct 4, 2019
Job Req ID: 232207
Position Number: 00161843
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: 8-5p, M-F
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Live Answer - OBGYN
Location: Live Answer - Regional Centers
Location Details: 9401 Arrowpoint Blvd., Charlotte 28210
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Provides clerical support services in all areas of expertise and knowledge. Assists one or more groups of physicians, advanced clinical practitioners, providers, clinical, and non-clinical team members. Ensures competent and accurate appointment scheduling while maintaining the efficient flow of all incoming and outbound calls. Provides appropriate screening, handling and routing of incoming phone calls and ensures patient messages are taken appropriately with pertinent information. Initiates outbound calls per established work queues, lists and assignments.
- Answers inbound and/or places outbound telephone calls as assigned and appropriately directs callers and ensures all calls are handled efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Schedules various types of appointments for physicians, advanced clinical practitioners, and other clinicians, and communicates any necessary instructions to the patient.
- Contacts patients by phone to remind of upcoming appointment(s), to ask follow up care questions, and to provide special instructions if needed. Cancels and reschedules appointments as needed.
- Takes requests for refills, labs and test results, if required. Assists with patient message call backs and prescription refill questions.
- Organizes, expedites and follows-up on any paperwork related to patient care.
- Opens, sorts and distributes mail, correspondence, transcription, lab results and diagnostic testing as assigned.
- Assists with identifying and initiating necessary referrals for specialist appointments, procedures or tests.
Work consistently requires long periods of sitting, computer and phone use. Work requires some walking, standing, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds. Must have intact senses of sight, hearing and touch. Must be able to speak and articulate clearly. Works in a fast-paced environment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Associates degree in healthcare related field preferred. Medical, secretarial, and/or customer service experience required. 1 year in a medical office or healthcare setting with experience in appointment scheduling and managing patient phone calls preferred. Experience as CMA/RMA, MOA or in a call center environment preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
- Full Time