Activity Assistant - Huntersville Oaks
- Location: Huntersville, NC
- Posted: Oct 1, 2019
Job Req ID: 231443
Position Number: 00042303
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift Details: Saturday 10:00am - 4:00pm
Standard Hours: 24.00
Department Name: Recreation Therapy
Location: Huntersville Oaks
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
The Activity Assistant follows the ongoing program of activities designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident.
- Follows ongoing program of activities designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, and care plan, the interest and the physical, mental and psychosocial well-being of each resident, per State & Federal regulations and facility policies and procedures.
- Documents activities provided in compliance with regulatory agency requirements reflecting the residentï¿½s level of participation, therapeutic benefit and established goals of the activity with regard to the age and level of cognitive functioning of the resident.
- Ensures activity goals related to the comprehensive care plan are based on measurable objectives and focused on desired outcomes, not merely on attendance at a certain number of activities.
- Ensures comprehensive assessments are completed, updated, signed, certified and dated within the time frames specified by the RAI.
- Ensures sources of information used to completed the assessment to include but are not limited to, the RAI, CAAï¿½s, assessments by other disciplines, observations, resident and family interviews, residentï¿½s lifelong interests, spirituality, life goals, goals, strengths, needs and activity pursuit patterns and preferences, as directed.
- Ensures care planning involves identification of the residentï¿½s interests, preferences, and abilities and any issues, concerns, problems, or needs affecting the residentï¿½s involvement/engagement in activities with measurable goals and focused on desired outcomes, per the State's RAI, as directed.
Time is spent sitting, standing and walking. Routinely bends, stoops, kneels, twisting, crouching, crawling, reaching overhead, and push or pull occupied wheelchairs. Occasionally moves, lifts or carries other objects weighing up to 15 pounds, and, on occasion, up to 50 pounds. Must handle and manipulate instruments requiring manual dexterity. Must have close and intermediate visual acuity. Must be able to hear and verbally communicate with others. Spends majority of time in light and temperature controlled resident care and activity rooms. Routinely exposed to somewhat unpleasant sights and odors. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. Respond quickly and efficiently to stressful situations. Work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors. Occasionally interacts with combative residents. Potentially exposed to blood and OPIM because of direct resident contact and contact with resident equipment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. 1 year experience in long term care facility preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
- Part Time