CNA Home Care Sublette County
- Location: Jackson, WY
- Posted: Jan 24, 2020
Provides personal care & support to neonate thru geriatric patient populations and their families in their homes. Assists patients with activities of daily living according to the plan of care. Delivers services according to the Scopes of Service for Home Based Services, Hospice of the Tetons, and Teton Private Care. Adheres to and practices the SJMC Corporate Compliance Program and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
Direct Patient Care
1. Provides &/or assists the pateint with aspects of personal care, including measuring vital signs & performing non-sterile procedures as instructed by RN.
2. Assists with ambulation/transfers using safe body mechanics and according to the plan of care to avoid injure to patient or staff.
3. Demonstrates correct use of in-home DME. Seeks assistance when uninformed about particular piece of equipment.
4. Assists with prescribed exercise programs.
5. Offers instruction of non-skilled services for family members/caregivers within scope of practice.
6. Aware of psychosocial needs of patient & family. Offers emotional support to patient & family.
7. Aware of, maintains & supports Patients' Rights in the home.
8. Provides relief for primary care giver &/or family for short time for hospice patients.
1. Maintains knowledge of applicable Home Based Services policies & procedures. Maintains, develops and updates skills to implement ideal care and service.
2. Attends all required team meetings. Keeps licenses/certifications current and in Human Resources.
1. Participates in department and hospital Performance Improvement activities.
2. Provides data for risk management, quality of care, appropriateness of care & proactively identifies areas of concern and/or problems with care.
3. Participates in other Performance Improvement activities as requested.
1. Communicates a minimum of weekly with supervisor.
2. Reports changes in patients' conditions to appropriate RN in timely manner.
3. Attends IDG meetings when requested.
1. Records all patient care activities in the patient's chart per policy.
2. Documents in patient record in timely manner according to department protocol.
3. Submits all required reports & record of hours worked to office in timely manner.
Required: Completion of 15 hours home care training and central registry clearing.
Preferred: Nursing Assistant experience.
Minimum Work Experience
Required: Basic computer skills, good communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
Current valid Wyoming CNA certification. Current BLS. Current, valid Wyoming Driver's License.
Schedule: 8 hours per shift