Advanced Practice Provider - PAT & Pre and Post-Op Orders at Richmond Medical Center
- Location: Richmond Heights, OH
- Posted: Sep 10, 2019
Seeking a full-time Advanced Practice Provider to work in PAT and Pre-Op/Post-Op Orders at UH Richmond Medical Center. This will be a M-F days (6:30am-3:00pm) position that requires flexibility in schedule; currently does not require a weekend rotation, but may take call once trained. This position will be asked to cover, on occasion, at Bedford Medical Center. The majority of the work will be in an outpatient setting. Experienced providers preferred and a surgical background is a plus for this fast-paced role.
The APP is responsible for providing clinical leadership through:
• Patient assessment
• Obtain comprehensive patient histories and perform physical exams
• Order and perform routine diagnostic procedures
• Develop and implement treatment plans
• Monitor the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions
• Provide instruction to meet patient needs
• Institute and change orders on patient charts as directed by supervising physician
• Provide discharge planning to patients
• Submit pre and post-op orders in collaboration with surgeons
• Demonstrated competence as a practitioner; Experienced AP providers preferred
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to use a variety of technical patient care devices specific to the clinical area
• Strong interpersonal relationship skills
• Competence in providing leadership
• Ability to work autonomously
Nursing Doctorate or Master of Science in Nursing with emphasis on clinical practice
Completion of a formal Physician Assistant training from an accredited program with NCCPA certification.
• Current RN license to practice in Ohio
• Current APRN license to practice in Ohio
• Nurse Practitioner Certification - Family Medicine or Adult/Gero
• NCCPA-certified PA (PA-C) or eligible to be certified.
• Must meet all requirements of the Ohio State Medical Board for Physician Assistants.
• Approval by the Ohio State Medical Board of standard or supplemental physician assistant utilization plan and supervision agreement between supervising physician and physician assistant before beginning work as a PA.
• Must be credentialed by University Hospitals of Cleveland credentialing office before beginning work as a PA
• Active DEA license
• Experienced Advanced Practice Provider
• Surgical experience strongly preferred