Anesthesia Assistant - Atrium Health's CMC - FT
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Posted: Sep 10, 2019
Job Req ID: 209001
Position Number: 00013001
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: FT
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Anesthesia
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: Carolinas Medical Center
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
The Anesthesia Assistants primary function is to provide support to the anesthesia staff assigned to a specific area. Responsible to assist in providing quality patient care to patients in the operating rooms with set up of any necessary specialty equipment needed during a case and to ensure all required maintenance is completed on all equipment used in the anesthesia department.
- Demonstrates working knowledge and skills necessary to arrange for the provision of appropriate care for newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric population of patients.
- Assists with the manual aspects of a case (i.e., transporting blood gases).
- Cleans the anesthesia equipment after use according to department protocol as well as cleans and assembles intubation boxes.
- Checks & re-stocks the anesthesia carts, operating rooms, machine drawer, etc. to ensure that adequate par levels of items are maintained.
- Assembles IV fluids and sets for anesthesia use according to protocol.
- Ensures all medical equipment, parts, and specific supplies are in working order, (monitors cables, leads, blood warmers, blood pressure cuffs, doppler probes, tubing, stethoscopes, suction canisters, etc.), as well as calibrates and records results of daily equipment checks.
- Assists in the movement of anesthesia equipment from the operating room to outlying areas supported by anesthesia, i.e. Cath Lab, Radiology, OB, Endoscopy, NICU, etc.
- Ensures adequate setup of pediatric heart cases in the Heart Tower.
Works in the operating room and other anesthesia areas. Requires long periods of standing. Requires the ability to lift and move supplies weighing more than 25 pounds. Must be able to transport Anesthesia machines and carts to areas outside the operating room. Works in a fast paced, high tension environment with a sense of urgency for supplies and equipment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Anesthesia department or nursing assistant experience preferred. BLS HCP from AHA/CPR certification (adult & child) required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
- Full Time