Admissions Transfer Coordinator
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Posted: Sep 5, 2019
Job Req ID: 206562
Position Number: 00019440
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift Details: 6:45am-7:15am
Standard Hours: 24.00
Department Name: NSG - Patient Placement
Location: CHS Mobile Medicine
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Coordinates bed assignment of all patients admitted or transferred to facilities. Facilitates in-house transfers and post-surgery bed assignments in order to maintain an effective patient flow.
- Coordinates bed assignments on the basis of clinical diagnosis, physician specialty and established bed allocation criteria and bed availability.
- Collaborates with nursing units, physicians, physician's office staff, interdisciplinary teams, outside facilities, and TeleHealth Solutions, to obtain pertinent patient information to facilitate patient placement.
- Monitors admissions for correct patient type and collaborates with Clinical Care Coordinator.
- Notifies nursing units of admissions and in-house transfers.
- Communicates with Environmental Services and prioritizes room cleaning assignments in order to expedite patient admissions and transfers.
Work is performed in a fast paced office environment, ability to multi-task. Work requires sitting for long periods of time, entering information into the computer and finger dexterity. Must speak English fluently. Facilitates continual communication with nursing units, physicians and their office, other hospital departments and outside facilities. Must be detail oriented. Demonstrates effective decision making in rapid-paced environment. Maintains a safe working environment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology required. Experience in a hospital setting and computer skills required. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required. Courteous and friendly, excellent communiication and skills required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
- Part Time