Admin Director/Radiation Therapy
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Posted: Sep 4, 2019
Job Req ID: 205986
Position Number: 00010570
Employment Type: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Radiation Therapy
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Responsibilities include budget oversight, practice policy program development, coordination of daily clinical operations, labor productivity management, and ensuring high quality care delivery. Acts as a liaison between clinical leaders, staff, physicians, hospital administrators, contracted medical physics personnel, IS Department, and outside regulatory agencies. Accountable for the quality of clinical operations of practice. Works collaboratively with the AVP of Medical Physics, Radiation Oncology Nurse Manager, and Revenue Cycle leadership. Works directly with the AVP of Radiation Oncology to develop a strategic plan for practice.
- Ensures unit operations and employees are in compliance with policies and procedures defined by Atrium Health and all applicable regulatory agency standards.
- Develops and implements effective templates for clinic operations.
- Promotes staff development through education, performance evaluation, and identification of goals to enhance growth.
- Functions as a team member to accomplish goals of department and Atrium Health and radiation oncology service line operational standardization.
- Organizes and guides performance improvement activities and practice policy management program.
- Provides guidance to direct report supervisors’ decision making to maintain quality operations
- Designs and implements systems and processes to achieve operational efficiency and quality consistency
- Maintains physical space and resources through inventory management process and relationship with facilities management
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stopping, bending, pushing and pulling. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch and finger dexterity. Must be able to respond quickly and make decisions to changes in unit.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from AMA accredited school of Radiation Therapy and Bachelor’s Degree required. Minimum of 5-7 years’ leadership experience in a multi physician radiation oncology practice performing advanced radiation therapy procedures including pediatric treatment, brachytherapy, SRS, SBRT, and TBI preferred. Proven track record in the successfull implementation of performance improvement in complex environment highly desired. Additional courses in business or personnel management preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
- Full Time