Accountant II - Physician Service Group
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Posted: Aug 22, 2019
Job Req ID: 203579
Position Number: 00111364
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: M-F 8-5
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: CHSMG Finance Reporting
Location: Physician Services Group
Location Details: 2709 Water Ridge Parkway; Suite 300, Charlotte, NC
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Oversees and completes components of balance sheet reconciliations, reconciliations, and other duties of high-moderate complexity and judgment as assigned. Analyzing billing office to banking data to ensure patients accounts have been applied correctly, prepare journal entries, communicate with the billing offices any variances, and general inquiry resolution. Engages in trouble-shooting problem areas and makes recommendations for improving and implementing procedures.
- Explains accounting information to non-accountants in an effective manner and interacts with research team members.
- Works accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with many assignments subject to critical deadlines that must be achieved.
- Works independently or with teammates with minimal supervision. Possesses the ability to seek out ways to improve processes and measure inefficiencies.
- Creates and maintains reconciliation spreadsheets of general ledger activities.
- Prepares journal entries and keys/uploads journal entries to the G/L
- Builds/maintains workpaper files that are organized based on a department policy, appropriately footnoted, and reviewed by both the Accountant II and Financial Services Manager
- Reconciles major payor cash clearing accounts
Prolonged periods of sitting and utilizing computer required. Repetitive wrist motion and occasional lifting of 10-20 pounds. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Must be detail-oriented and highly-analytical and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Must be able to travel to System facilities and affiliate sites. Responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required. 1 year of related work experience preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
- Full Time