Advanced Practice Provider - Interventional Radiology
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Posted: Aug 19, 2019
Seeking a full-time Advanced Practice Provider to work with the Interventional Radiology team at UH-Cleveland Medical Center. Experienced APP is preferred with ICU and/or Surgical experience in a hospital based healthcare setting. Combination of inpatient and outpatient work. M-F rotating day shift; may require travel to community hospital locations in the future.
The IR APP works as part of an APP team providing clinical expertise to adults referred for interventional radiology procedures. In addition, will actively participate in the professional development of the nursing staff. The IR APP is an integral member of the IR interdisciplinary team and of the Department of Radiology, collaborating with colleagues to improve outcomes in the physical, psychosocial, emotional, spiritual, and educational domains of the interventional radiology patient and family. The IR APP contributes to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, and in providing leadership to the organization.
• Participates in interdisciplinary coordination of care
• Performs evaluation and problem identification of patients
• Performs history and physical examination of patients undergoing IR procedures
• Obtains consent for procedures
• Interacts with consultants as appropriate
• Provides education and counseling for patients
• Directs patient and/or family to agencies dealing with specific illnesses/diseases
• Supervises other APPs, RNs, health science and medical student as appropriate
• Performs procedures for which practitioner is credentialed as dictated by patient need
• Participates in departmental quality assurance, risk management, and compliance efforts
• Assesses and documents vascular access and implant sites post procedure
• Discharges patients post IR procedure according to the Attending Physician's direction
• Participate in research study design, protocol submission, data collection and patient recruitment
• Assist with IRB application preparation
Experience and Knowledge:
Demonstration of quality care in prior positions.
Demonstrated leadership skills
Demonstrated skills in interpersonal relationships
Nursing Doctorate or Master of Science in Nursing with emphasis on clinical practice.
Completion of a formal Physician Assistant training from an accredited program with NCCPA certification.
Required Credentials, Licensure or Certification (i.e. RN, RRT):
Current RN license to practice in Ohio
Current APRN license to practice in Ohio
Family, Adult or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certification
NCCPA-certified PA (PA-C) or eligible to be certified.
Must meet all requirements of the Ohio State Medical Board for Physician Assistants.
Approval by the Ohio State Medical Board of standard or supplemental physician assistant utilization plan and supervision agreement between supervising physician and physician assistant before beginning work as a PA.
Must be credentialed by University Hospitals of Cleveland credentialing office before beginning work as a PA
Experience working in Interventional Radiology
Experienced provider with ICU and/or Surgical experience in a hospital based healthcare setting