Administrative Assistant - Human Resources
- Location: Chardon, OH
- Posted: Aug 13, 2019
Provides administrative support to the Chief Medical Officer and the HR department at Geauga Medical Center.
Provide essential Duties of the position:
Provides support to internal and external customers by managing all front office processes.
Direct responsibilities include:
1. Provides excellent service to internal and external customers.
a. Builds customer loyalty by effectively meeting customer needs, creating rapport, and taking responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction.
b. Answers inquiries, provides direction, and resolves entry level employee relations issues.
c. Partners with HR Services/Payroll/Recruiting to resolve specialty issues such as Kronos and paycheck errors, MDA transactions, HR Action Form changes, and non-employee/multiple assignments/transfer issues.
2. Maintains online and legacy paper employment records to ensure that UH record retention and Joint Commission requirements are met.
3. Ensures effective new hire and transferred employee onboarding by assisting in the preparation of bi-weekly orientation and I-9 processes.
4. Manages daily badging requests for replacement, student, physician, and vendor badges.
5. Directly facilitates or assists with department projects such as recognition programs, service/president awards and entity open enrollment.
6. Coordinates meetings, communications and travel arrangements as needed by the CMO.
7. Provides administrative support including drafting correspondence, answering calls, managing all mail and incoming paperwork, processing invoices and maintaining department supply needs.
8. Generates reports and creates & maintains data tracking logs as needed.
9. Performs special projects as assigned.
High School Diploma or Equivalent, undergraduate business courses preferred.
Experience & Knowledge:
At least 4 years administrative experience preferably in health care administration or healthcare business.
Previous experience in health or managed care environment preferred.
Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
Ability to adjust to varying workloads.
Ability to exercise judgment with confidential matters.
Ability to meet deadlines and handle complex tasks with minimal supervision.
Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel to extract/manipulate data for reporting purposes.
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word
Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
Accurate spelling and grammar
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent organizational skills