Senior Accountant-LGH Accounting-Full Time
- Location: Lafayette, LA
- Posted: Sep 26, 2019
Responsible for the financial reporting process, schedule preparation, journal entries and account reconciliations for multiple entities under the Lafayette General Health System. Assists with compiling and organizing data required for budget and audits. Completes special projects in an independent manner as assigned by the department manager or director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepares journal entries for month end financials.
2. Prepares financial statements and performs variance analysis on same within established deadlines.
3. Reconciles general ledger accounts and cash accounts, ensuring proper documentation to support account balances.
4. Prepares sales tax returns and other informational returns within the mandated deadlines.
5. Assists with gathering the data required for completion of the annual budget.
6. Assists in maintaining schedules required for the completion of the annual cost reports and external audits.
7. Researches departmental expenditures when inquiries are made by management.
8. Assists with accounts payable when necessary.
9. Assists with preparation of financial feasibility analysis for capital projects.
10. Tracks fixed assets and prepaid assets, recording depreciation and amortization as appropriate.
11. Ensures financial information adheres to generally accepted accounting principles.
12. Attends educational classes as needed to enhance job functions.
13. Completes special projects as assigned.
A. Bachelors degree in accounting or finance.
B. Minimum four (4) years accounting, financial reporting or audit experience.
C. Minimum two (2) years budgeting experience.
D. Healthcare experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as
walking about from patients rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior