Merchandiser Manager - FT - Days - Retail Pharmacy - INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center
- Location: Oklahoma City, OK
- Posted: Aug 21, 2019
The Retail Pharmacy Merchandiser Manager is responsible for developing and implementing merchandising plan which maximizes INTEGRIS retail pharmacy store revenues. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Retail Pharmacy Merchandiser Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Negotiates vendor contracts and attends various wholesale marketplace stores and shows to purchase gift and food merchandise and over-the-counter products
* Displays seasonal and year round merchandise in an attractive manner within the stores to encourage customers to purchase merchandise
* Coordinates special events and sales to facilitate inventory turnover and to maximize profit margins
* Maximizes profits to include developing appropriate product mark-up policy and choosing merchandise that will turn quickly
* Maintains perpetual inventory of applicable product so that profitability can be analyzed and purchasing decisions can be modified continually to ensure maximum profitability
* Manages merchandising assistant, including hiring, scheduling, training, evaluating performance and competency, and conducting disciplinary/counseling sessions as needed
The Retail Pharmacy Merchandiser Manager reports to the Director Outpatient Pharmacy Operations
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Light (Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force frequently)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Minimal exposure to hazardous risks including the use of a box knife. Exposed to frequent interruptions, high sales volume, requests for assistance from pharmacy staff, general public, in person or on the telephone and financial deadlines, etc. Frequently must work in overcrowded workroom storage area when unpacking, marking and storing new merchandise. May be required to work weekends and/or extended hours, as a regular part of the work schedule.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
- Full Time