Advanced Practice Provider - Ortho Hand and Sports
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Posted: Jul 10, 2019
Seeking full-time Advanced Practice Provider to work in Ortho Hand and Sports clinics with limited time in the OR assisting with surgeries. This is a M-F day shift role that will travel between the UH main campus, Ahuja, Mayfield Village and/or Westlake.
• Performs patient assessment and assigns diagnosis based on recorded assessment data and current scientific and current research.
• Establishes plan of care and implements interventions in accordance with carepaths, protocols, and standards of care and current research.
• Collaborates w/other health care providers in an interdisciplinary approach to provide care to the patient and family.
• Assist surgeons in OR/surgical environment
• Order and perform routine diagnostic procedures
• Develop and implement treatment plans
• Monitor the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions
• Contributes to the educational development of staff, patients, family and self.
• Demonstrates progressive leadership and effective management.
• Provides education through role modeling and in-services to meet identified learning needs and to promote professionalism.
• Advances own professional development through self-directed learning, continuing education and participation in peer review.
• Initiates and maintains positive relationships with patients/customers.
• Initiates and maintains positive relationships with co-workers.
• Takes responsibility for self-development and supports a learning environment.
• Displays commitment to the mission of the hospital and its values.
Experience and Knowledge:
Demonstration of quality care in prior positions.
Demonstrated leadership skills
Demonstrated skills in interpersonal relationships
Nursing Doctorate or Master of Science in Nursing with emphasis on clinical practice.
Completion of a formal Physician Assistant training from an accredited program with NCCPA certification.
Required Credentials, Licensure or Certification (i.e. RN, RRT):
Current RN license to practice in Ohio
Current APRN license to practice in Ohio
Nurse Practitioner Certification - Adult or Family
NCCPA-certified PA (PA-C) or eligible to be certified.
Must meet all requirements of the Ohio State Medical Board for Physician Assistants.
Approval by the Ohio State Medical Board of standard or supplemental physician assistant utilization plan and supervision agreement between supervising physician and physician assistant before beginning work as a PA.
Must be credentialed by University Hospitals of Cleveland credentialing office before beginning work as a PA
Experience in Ortho Hand and/or Sports Medicine environment