Accountant II- Treasury Administration
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Posted: Jun 27, 2019
Job Req ID: 199880
Position Number: 00108081
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Treasury Administration
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Location Details: Airport Center Parkway
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
The Accountant II performs duties of moderate to high complexity, judgment and scope. This position will have responsibility for all compliance reporting requirements for Atrium Health’s debt portfolio as well as tasks involved with the administration of the Treasury function. Those duties include preparing and reviewing financial statements and utilization reports, analyzing and reconciling accounts, preparing journal entries, troubleshooting problem areas and making recommendations for improving and implementing procedures. This individual should be able to work independently with a minimal amount of supervision from the Assistant Vice President – Treasury; communicate effectively to a wide range of internal and external customers; and summarize and present financial information in a variety of formats.
- Reviews data received from other departments for completeness and accuracy.
- Performs account analysis and reconciliations.
- Answers questions from department heads concerning variances on performance reports or directs questions to the appropriate individual(s).
- Performs reviews, analyses, research and other related duties independently, or as requested by the Assistant Vice President - Treasury.
- Prepares financial statements budgets, written summaries and presentations, including supporting documentation.
- Evaluates accounting systems and procedures and suggest ways to improve output and efficiency.
- Communicates timely and appropriately with various Atrium Health personnel and external customers.
- Assists the Assistant Vice President – Treasury on new financing projects including coordination of Appendix A for bond issues.
- Responsible for all compliance reporting and covenant calculations related to debt portfolio including to rating agencies, EMMA website, swap counterparties, bond insurers, and financial institutions providing liquidity and credit support.
- Compiles and prepares quarterly statistics and utilization package.
- Assists in preparation of the debt footnote for the annual audit and provides work papers to auditors as necessary.
- Prepares annual 15c2-12 disclosure document.
- Prepares assigned recurring and non-recurring journal entries for the month-end closing process.
- Processes all payments related to debt portfolio including interest and principal payments, swap payments, debt-related fees and flow of funds related to new debt issuances.
- Performs account analysis, reconciliations and monthly cash consolidations.
- Communicates with back-office departments of financial institutions and trustee to address any issues with debt payments or debt compliance.
- Prepares interest rate estimates for annual budget and multi-year outlook.
- Assists the Assistant Vice President – Treasury with annual rating agency review presentation and submission materials.
- Researches debt-related accounting guidance, treatments, and policies as needed.
- Prepares reporting statements to the North Carolina Local Government Commission.
- Will be responsible for rating agency reporting related to the newly implemented CHS taxable commercial paper program and will assist Assistant Vice President – Treasury with administration and monitoring of program.
- Assists Assistant Vice President – Treasury with management of the Atrium Health commercial paper program.
Prolonged periods of sitting and utilizing computer required. Repetitive wrist motion and occasional lifting of 10-20 pounds. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Must be detail-oriented and highly-analytical and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Must be able to travel to System facilities and affiliate sites. Responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required. 1 year of related work experience preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
- Full Time