Administrative Assistant.UHMSO Surgery Admin-93365
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Posted: Jun 22, 2019
Position Summary/Essential Duties: Performs a variety of administrative tasks to support one or more Directors. Requires a proactive approach to the role and is resourceful in problem solving.
- Calendar Management Excel in calendar management; proactively schedule, prioritize and rearrange appointments based on importance with minimal guidance. Coordinate and schedule internal and external team meetings;
- Logistical Support Manage complex travel schedules; includes reserving flights and hotel rooms for multiple travel destinations utilizing assigned travel agency and online platforms. Adapts to any changes in travel reservations and makes proactive decisions based on Directors travel preferences and prepares a complete trip itinerary; ensures related expense reports are entered per UH policy. Lead logistical efforts of quarterly meetings by arranging hotel and ground transportation needs of large group
- Preparation for Meetings - Prepare and provide Directors with background information and supporting documents in preparation for scheduled meetings, appointments, and interviews. Assist with the creation of PowerPoint slides and other communication materials for a variety of internal and external meetings. Work closely with external members to ensure reporting procedures are understood and adhered to
- Assist with special projects and team deliverables as assigned; collaborate with team members to introduce new procedures with the goal of streamlining workloads. Provide support as needed for larger projects managed by others.
Experience & Knowledge:
- 3+ years of progressively responsible administrative support experience
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills that reflect the ability to handle multiple deadlines and requests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate confidentially and professionally
- Proven ability to be proactive and assertive in anticipating needs and changes with strong decision-making capabilities
- Ability to self-manage tasks and projects with high quality deliverables, while also working collaboratively in team environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills