Accountant II- Cash Management
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Posted: Jun 14, 2019
Job Req ID: 198779
Position Number: 00076784
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Cash Management
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Location Details: Airport Center Parkway
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
The Accountant II performs duties of moderate to high complexity, judgement, and scope. Those duties include analyzing accounts and reports, preparing journal entries, and trouble shooting problem areas and making recommendations for improving and implementing procedures. Also, the Accountant II must sometimes provide limited amounts of direction and guidance on specific projects and tasks performed by Accounting Assistant, Staff Accountant, and Accountant I. This individual should be able to work independently with a minimal amount of supervision from the Financial Services Department Manager or Director.
- Provides direction and guidance on specific projects and tasks performed by Accounting Assistant, Staff Accountant, and Accountant I.
- Prepares assigned recurring and non-recurring journal entries for the month-end closing process.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of treasury systems.
- Reviews data received from other departments and subsystems for completeness and accuracy.
- Evaluates accounting systems and procedures and suggests ways to improve output and efficiency.
- Analyzes issues related to financial statement presentation, reimbursement, and other GAAP technical issues.
- Answers questions from department heads concerning variances on performance reports or directs questions to the appropriate individual(s).
- Performs reviews, analyses, research, and other related duties independently, or as requested by the Financial Services Manager.
Prolonged periods of sitting and utilizing computer required. Repetitive wrist motion and occasional lifting of 10-20 pounds. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Must be detail-oriented and highly-analytical and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Must be able to travel to System facilities and affiliate sites. Responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required. 1 year of related work experience preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
- Full Time