Surgical Services Manager, RN
- Location: Wadena, MN
- Posted: Jun 12, 2019
Serving patients for more than 90 years, Tri-County Health Care is a private, not-for-profit health care system that offers care to Todd, Wadena and Otter Tail counties. With Joint Commission accreditation and a full range of inpatient and outpatient primary and specialty services, TCHC strives every day to achieve its mission of improving the health of the communities it serves.
At Tri-County Health Care, we believe in fostering a positive workplace culture and bringing employees together as a united team with the same goal: to deliver high-quality health care to our patients.
We’re looking for a Surgical Services Manager who is a passionate leader with a drive for excellence. Leading the day-to-day operations of the Operating, Recovery, Endoscopy, Outpatient Surgery and Central Sterile Supply areas, you are directly responsible and accountable for staff assignments and care given to our patients.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan, coordinate, supervise and evaluate nursing care and activities
- Establish and communicate departmental standards to align with regulatory agencies and internal policies
- Enthusiastically uphold best practices in regards to departmental goals
- Encourage employee engagement through rounding and quarterly reports
- Participate in on-going evaluation of quality and customer satisfaction scores
- Manage with integrity the surgical services staff, ensuring training, orientation and evaluation of performance, acting as a change agent
- Interface with acute care units to facilitate continuity of care
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related field
- 2+ years of experience in surgical services
- Knowledge of surgical services and operations
- Poise and efficiency when tackling multiple high-priority projects
- Composed confidence and authority in leadership roles
- Knowledge of business systems software and hospital system software
Why Should You Apply?
The employees at Tri-County Health Care are the heart of the organization. They deliver vital services and skills that keep the cogs meshing smoothly. When you join the Tri-County family, you become an integral part of delivering high-quality, efficient care to our patients.
TCHC offers competitive pay as well as a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and retirement. We also support work-life balance through benefits such as paid time off, short- and long-term disability and our employee wellness initiative.
Tri-County Health Care is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related field
2+ years of experience in surgical services
Knowledge of surgical services and operations
Poise and efficiency when tackling multiple high-priority projects
Composed confidence and authority in leadership roles
Knowledge of business systems software and hospital system software
- Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week