AMBULATORY CARE NURSE II - BRIER CREEK, CHILDREN'S - PRIMARY CARE
- Location: Raleigh, NC
- Posted: Jun 17, 2019
Brier Creek Peds Specialty- Primary Care
Independently plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in ambulatory clinic settings in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
1. Plan, provide and document professional nursing care in the ambulatory setting utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures, under the supervision of the nurse manager and/or Health Center Administrator
2. Collect and analyze patient data, make recommendations for nursing care plans, evaluate nursing care provided, document and communicate appropriate nursing actions taken and patient responses.
3. Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other license and unlicensed care providers. Orient to and serve in team lead role on a rotational or as needed basis.
4. Work in team model, assisting other nursing personnel in the delivery of patientcare and serving as a team leader.
5. Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care, including equipment and material resources.
6. Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
7. Support the development of other staff and formal learners. Participate in the clinic or entity level performance improvement activities.
8. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of scope of the registered nurse, licensed practical nurse and all unlicensed assistive personnel. Knowledge of an appropriate application of the nursing process. Knowledge of professional theory, practice and procedures. Ability to assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients and their families. Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Ability to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others. Ability to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care. Ability to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up. Ability to use fine motor skills. Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support requirements designated by work area or organization. Ability to record activities, document assessments, plan of care, interventions, evaluation and re- evaluation of patient status. Ability to use the computer and learn new software programs. Ability to document and communicate pertinent information using computer and/or paper documentation tools. Ability to navigate the entity to provide clinical care for patients. Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking with the ability to move or lift at least fifty pounds. Ability to remain focused and organized. Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to ambulatory patients. Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions. Working knowledge and completion of appropriate TJC and other regulatory requirements.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Must have a current of compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BLS required.
Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
Must travel between locations on needed basis.
Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.
Must be able to carry 50 lbs.
Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
- FULL TIME