Application Spec/Sr/Call Back - Project Management
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Posted: Jun 5, 2019
Job Req ID: 196403
Position Number: 00120788
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: M-F, 1st Shift. Occaional work after hours and on weekends when supporting Go-Live event.
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: IAS Continuing Care
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Location Details: 801 S McDowell
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Manages large multi-phase or multiple projects simultaneously and provides guidance and training as applicable to other team members. Ensures successful completion of assigned projects, responsible for understanding and applying the IAS PMO standard process and tools with minimal guidance and suggesting enhancements based on previous project management experience. Leads projects as the “driver”, with a sense of urgency, assertiveness and persistence, and ensures that tasks are completed on schedule by assigned project team members. Utilizes Microsoft Project as a key project schedule tool. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents those programs. Provides guidance and training to other application specialists.
- Coordinates with clients and peers to enhance system functionality while understanding the possible ramifications to the client's business processes and Information Services. Ensures client requests are properly evaluated and responded to in a timely manner.
- Leads teams of one or more members in accordance with project demands. Ability to recognize individual team member competencies and assign tasks accordingly. Plans work effort of one's self and possibly other project team members.
- Manages training when necessary, inclusive of course development and delivery. Ability to break down complex problems into manageable tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of applications and their integration (interface) with and effect on other systems.
- Provides feedback to management to be used during the evaluation and counseling of team members.
- Leads projects in one or more aspects of the information systems lifecycle (product selection, business requirement definition, communication, implementation, issue resolution, production support). Develops workplans, estimates tasks, and properly records time tracking for one's self and possibly other team members.
- Ensures successful completion of assigned projects on schedule, within budget, and in accordance within CHS standards.
Must be able to lift objects that weigh up to 35 lbs. This position is subject to high-level visibility through verbal and written communications with senior hospital management, associated project deadlines, personnel evaluation, and counseling. Must be available for on-call support on a regular basis. Due to project requirements, overtime will be required, as needed.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field preferred. Formal training in Information systems, desktop applications, databases, software development packages and programming languages preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
- Full Time