Child Life Specialist II - Occasional Part Time - Pediatrics (Inpatient & Outpatient) - INTEGRIS Children's at Baptist Medical Center
- Location: Oklahoma City, OK
- Posted: Jun 24, 2019
Provides therapeutic play and developmentally appropriate interventions to promote positive coping during health care experiences, decreasing stress and anxiety. Enhances quality of patient care through participation, documentation and communication with other members of the health care team. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The Child Life Specialist II responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Makes recommendations to improve care for childhood hospitalizations or disabilities.
* Facilitates activities that promote the social, emotional, intellectual and physical growth of children.
* Leads pediatric programs, therapies and activities among young patients.
* Facilitates interventions and interactions with patients and staff.
* Manages support groups.
* Utilizes medical play, developmentally appropriate interventions and educational materials to help children and their families adjust to the hospital environment and prepare them for events related to illness and hospitalization.
* Assists in developing methods to improve patient outcomes.
* Eligibility to act as a Clinical Rotation Supervisor for the Child Life Clinical Internship - 4,000 clinical hours.
* Member of the student programs team for interviews and structuring of programs.
* Assists with grant writing and program development.
* Must complete at least 12 professional development hours (PDH) per year.
Reports to the Child Life Manager.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
- Occasional Part Time