Accountant II- Sponsored Programs
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Posted: May 30, 2019
Job Req ID: 197457
Position Number: 00131220
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Start work b/w 7-9am and end 8 hours from there; Days: M-F.
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: OPR SPA Finance
Location: Therapeutic Research and Devel
Location Details: Water Ridge Pkwy
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Oversees the financial administration of sponsored projects in accordance with sponsor guidelines and institutional policy. Prepares financial analyses and reports for internal and external reporting purposes. Performs duties of moderate to high complexity, judgment, and scope which include analyzing accounts and reports, preparing journal entries, submitting invoices, review of assigned sponsored programs, and general inquiry resolution. Engages in trouble-shooting problem areas and makes recommendations for improving and implementing procedures.
- Explains accounting information to non-accountants in an effective manner and interacts with research team members.
- Works accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with many assignments subject to critical deadlines that must be achieved.
- Works independently or with teammates with minimal supervision. Possesses the ability to seek out ways to improve processes and measure inefficiencies.
- Reviews and understands government circulars and regulations related to research grants and contracts to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Reviews and understands assigned awards to ensure adherence to reporting schedules, requirements, and requests.
- Identifies Federal and State grants that are required to be reported in accordance with the OMB Circular A-133 as part of the CHS annual audit.
- Ensures maximum utilization of federal and state grant funding.
- Creates and maintains reconciliation spreadsheets of general ledger activities.
- Prepares A-133 audit folders for assigned awards and assists as needed with annual audit.
Prolonged periods of sitting and utilizing computer required. Repetitive wrist motion and occasional lifting of 10-20 pounds. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Must be detail-oriented and highly-analytical and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Must be able to travel to System facilities and affiliate sites. Responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required. 1 year of related work experience preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
- Full Time