- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Posted: May 22, 2019
Job Req ID: 196866
Position Number: 00132925
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Monday-Friday 1st shift
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: PFS - Home Inf & Med Equip
Location: Continuing Care Services
Location Details: 4400 Golf Acres Drive
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Responsible for billing and collection activities, processing and submission of accurate claims to third party payors and clients.
- Monitors the processing of documentation which creates claims for various funding sources through data entry.
- Discusses financial responsibilities with patient/family prior to initiation of services if required by procedure.
- Receives and follows up on incoming correspondence and telephone inquiries regarding medical record information for payment.
- Completes and submits claims according to governmental regulations, agency policies and timeliness standards.
- Edits all claims for accurate pricing, coding, service dates and general demographics, prior to submission to carriers.
- Bills secondary insurance claims with copy of explanation of benefits from primary or secondary payors and adheres to carrier-specific requirements for payments.
- Audits patient accounts for accuracy.
- Reviews claim denials and resubmits claims for reconsideration.
- Ensures completion of revenue posting prior to business system monthly software closure.
- Addresses patient billing questions concerns and complaints.
- Reviews weekly and monthly billing reports for accuracy.
- Reviews preliminary billing lists and makes adjustments and corrections.
- Prepares aging reports of unpaid claims and collects on overdue accounts.
Requires sitting for long periods of time. Requires bending and may need to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or GED required. Previous medical billing and/or follow up experience required. Medicare Billing experience preferred. Position requires a minimum of 2 years experience in a medical and/or healthcare financial setting; hospital preferred. Requires the ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written formats.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
- Full Time