Appl Spec/Interm/Call Back - Care Management
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Posted: May 17, 2019
Job Req ID: 196505
Position Number: 00093391
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: M-F, 1st Shift
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: IAS Care Management
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Location Details: 801 S McDowell
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
A successful teammate will be expected to use critical thinking skills, be resourceful, and be able to successfully manage moderately sized projects independently. The individual will be able to gather and analyze customer requirements, develop queries to source, aggregate data, and then summarize the findings for customers. The individual will coordinate improvement opportunities by documenting existing business processes, develop future state solution requirements and explain their findings in language that customers can understand. The individual will also be required to work with external project teams and vendors to develop business solutions. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs.
- Manages projects in all aspects of information systems lifecycle (info planning, business requirements definition, implementation, productions support). Communicates and manages project scope.
- Coordinates with multiple vendors. Competent to work on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities, but requires instruction and guidance in other phases.
- Creates business process for chosen packaged systems. Configures packaged systems.
- Ensures all user requests are received in writing and properly evaluated. Responds to request in a timely manner.
- Guarantees efficient and effective completion of project assignments in accordance with standard procedures.
- Assists in the resolution of issues regarding projects being worked on and develops recommendations for those issues.
- Assists in work plan development and management.
Work is subject to high-level visibility through verbal and written communications with senior hospital management, associated project deadlines, personnel evaluation, and counseling. Must be available for on-call support on a regular basis. Must be able to lift objects that weigh up to 35 lbs. Due to project requirements, overtime will be required, as needed.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related job field preferred. Experience in Microsoft Office, databases, Software Development packages, programming languages, SQR, Crystal, Unix and AIX. Experience in an educational background should have Information Systems or Business-Related internships or Part-time employment experiences. Two years work experience with IS Technology preferred. Health care industry experience preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
- Full Time