AMBULATORY CARE NURSE II - Cardiology of Raleigh
- Location: Raleigh, NC
- Posted: Jun 17, 2019
Duke Cardiology of Raleigh
Independently plan and provide professional nursing care for patients Duke Cardiology of Raleigh/Morrisville, which is an ambulatory clinic setting in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
1. Perform non-invasive cardiopulmonary tests in clinic setting, i.e. stress testing exercise and Dobutamine Stress Echo, exercise tolerance testing, exercise and pharmacologic nuclear stress testing
2. Start IVs prior to procedures calculate dose, prepare & titrate infusion & monitor patient Regadenoson, Dobutamine, Definity and saline.
3. Recognizes symptom changes/signs of problems and knows the appropriate medical response and processes; initiates first responder ACLS care
4. Manage nurse line for telephone triage with patients, document encounter, follow protocols established by clinic leadership and inform provider as indicated.
5. Handle prescription refills according to protocols
6. Administer medications to patients as ordered by providers or by established protocols following the six rights of medication administration.
7. Managing PT/INRs and Warfarin education as needed.
8. Maintains department logs, educational materials and reports as required for accreditation and JCAHO (medications, equipment, crash cart)
9. Perform intake with patients to include vital signs, visit information and other clinical information as indicated based on patients assessment and clinic staffing needs.
10. Clinical resource for all Unlicensed Assistive Personnel
11. Assist in training new staff for cross-coverage & educational purposes
12. Participates in performance improvement projects and/or acts as a liaison in various
13. Clinic related projects.
14. Other related duties as requested by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Minimum 1 year Cardiology experience including rhythm recognition
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At a manager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
Must be able to stand, walk and/or sit for long periods of time.
Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
Must travel between locations on needed basis.
Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Must be able to push/pull 250 lbs.
Must be able to carry 25 lbs.
Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
- FULL TIME