Nurse Manager.EMC Emergency Services
- Location: Elyria, OH
- Posted: Sep 26, 2019
Position Summary/Essential Functions:
1. Leads the planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing processes by demonstrating Relationship Based Care and age appropriate care to patients and their families of all age groups.
2. Builds and retains a talented and inspired workforce by attracting, developing, engaging and empowering the right people who are motivated to fulfill their potential and the UH vision.
3. Takes responsibility for self-development and supports a learning environment
4. Collaborates as an integrated team by openly sharing information, best practices and results in a Shared Governance model.
5. Accountable and responsible for achieving organizational and financial goals in order to accomplish University Hospitals Mission, Vision and Values.
6. Demonstrates progressive leadership and effective management as evidenced by providing administrative over site of department programs.
7. Accountable for ensuring regulatory standards are maintained.
8. Pursues continuous improvement to achieve superior results by improving processes, eliminating barriers to success, and measuring progress in collaboration with medical and surgical directors.
9. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to support research and evidence based practice.
10. Strategically plans and executes program growth, development and organizational change.
• 5 years progressive clinical and management experience
• Demonstrates the ability to facilitate change, excellent communication and organizational skills
• Demonstrates skills in human relations, human & material resource management
• Evidence of ability to provide exceptional clinical and administrative nursing leadership
• Knowledge of current technology and equipment to meet patient needs and prescribed medical therapies
• Knowledge of PC & computer applications
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Current R.N. license to practice in Ohio.
• Strong background in leading people as well as influencing change
• Project management experience also desirable
• Previous nursing leadership experience
• Master's degree
• Current certification in specialty