Dentist- HOMES Program
- Location: Dallas, TX
- Posted: Jun 12, 2019
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, youll be part of a team thats providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, youll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patientsand for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of Americas Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
The Dentist will provide personalized care by performing general dentistry procedures, such as exams, direct and indirect restorative work, tooth extractions, and any other dental procedures. Build long-term relationships with patients and a positive connection to the surrounding community.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) is required.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience preferred.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
- Must have a license to practice in Texas from the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following: o American Heart Association o American Red Cross o Military Training Network
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal, state and institutional regulations and guidelines for the provision of dental outpatient services.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in working with a diverse population of physicians, patients, staff, management, and administration.
- Must be able to interact with staff and patients to expedite and organize patient care.
- Must be able to work effectively with other health care professionals and serve as a resource to the community.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behavior.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of personal integrity and practice ethical standards.
- Must be capable of leadership and have effective organization skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to display excellent problem-solving skills both in one-on-one relationships and in group situations.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Dental, Patient Care, Physician, Healthcare