Pharmacy Technician II-Southeast COPC
- Location: Dallas, TX
- Posted: Aug 12, 2019
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, youll be part of a team thats providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, youll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patientsand for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of Americas Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Provides direct support to pharmacists and pharmacy staff in preparing orders, packaging and labeling, tracking inventory, maintaining records, cashiering/payment collections and performing clerical duties.
- Must have successfully completed 16 hours of college courses, focusing on math, biology, or chemistry or be currently enrolled in an accredited college; OR, must have six months of relevant hospital experience.
-Experience performing cash handling/collections preferred but not required.
- Must be certified by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board.
- Must have current registration with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy Failure to pass examination or comply with primary requirements will result in termination or the opportunity to apply for a posted non-pharmacy technician position with Parkland.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must complete a pre-employment polygraph test.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of a PC, and be able to learn and use new software.
- Must be able to pass Pharmacy math and spelling test with a minimum score of 80%.
- Must successfully complete the necessary training requirements to perform cashier duties within 90 days from initial employment.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills for area of responsibility.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills in the operation of equipment used in primary practice area.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of different types of drugs.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of medical and health care terminology.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued care.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Pharmacy, Medical, Pharmacy Tech, Healthcare