PRN Patient Care Navigator, Discharge Planning (CMC)
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Posted: Aug 31, 2019
The Patient Care Navigator ensures the patient receives post acute care from high value network providers, and follow up appointments are scheduled.
- Readies the patient for discharge and ensures that all patients are provided transition to the best setting for post acute care based on their specific needs.
- Educates patients, families on the post acute care plan and expectation after discharge, helps them preference their best facility or service for care after discharge, and keeps a relationship with the patient, family after discharge.
This is PRN position supporting UH Cleveland Medical Center working variable days as needed. Must be available Monday - Friday and have weekend availability as well. Day shift hours.
- 2+ years in post-acute setting or 1+ year managing admissions/referral process
- Bachelors degree, or clinical license can offset 2 years experience
- Understand all levels of post-acute care, hospital, and physician regulations
- Experience in transitions of care preferred