Nurse Practitioner - Neonatal
- Location: Plymouth, MA
- Posted: Nov 8, 2017
Under the supervision of the Neonatologist, the Neonatal Nurse Practitioner will
1. Provide on-call coverage for attendance at high risk deliveries
2. Attend deliveries upon request of the obstetrical team and provide resuscitative, supportive care to newborns that require focused care due to premature birth, low birth weight, respiratory distress, congenital anomalies and other disorders.
3. Provide resuscitative, supportive care for premature and sick newborns after birth in the delivery room and Level IB nursery.
4. Assist with laboratory and radiographic diagnostic testing as indicated.
5. Medication ordering and administration under collaborative agreement with MD.
6. Initial management using specialized equipment including ventilator and incubator/warmers, performing diagnostic tests and other procedures such as intubation, UVC/UAC, Oxygen delivery in communication with supervising neonatologist.
Required: Current MA RN APN/licensure
1 year delivery room experience
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner shall mean an individual authorized by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing under M.G.L. c. 112, 80B and authorized to practice as a nurse practitioner pursuant to 244 CMR 4.00 et. seq. who holds certification as a neonatal nurse practitioner from a nationally recognized accrediting body acceptable to the Board.
- Full time