Accountant II- Corporate Reporting
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Posted: Mar 27, 2019
Job Req ID: 190925
Position Number: 00074774
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Accounting - Corp Reporting
Location: Corporate Operations
Location Details: Airport Center Parkway
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
The Accountant II performs duties of moderate to high complexity, judgment and scope. Those duties include preparing and reviewing financial statements and reports, analyzing and reconciling accounts, preparing journal entries, troubleshooting problem areas and making recommendations for improving and implementing procedures. In addition, must sometimes provide limited guidance on specific projects and tasks performed by other Finance personnel. This individual should be able to work independently with a minimal amount of supervision from the department managers; communicate effectively to a wide range of internal and external customers; and summarize and present financial information in a variety of formats.
- Prepares assigned recurring and non-recurring journal entries for the month-end closing process.
- Reviews data received from other departments for completeness and accuracy.
- Performs account analysis and reconciliations.
- Answers questions from department heads concerning variances on performance reports or directs questions to the appropriate individual(s).
- Performs reviews, analyses, research and other related duties independently, or as requested by the department manager.
- Prepares financial statements budgets, written summaries and presentations, including supporting documentation.
- Evaluates accounting systems and procedures and suggest ways to improve output and efficiency.
- Communicates timely and appropriately with various CHS personnel and external customers.
Prolonged periods of sitting and utilizing computer required. Repetitive wrist motion and occasional lifting of 10-20 pounds. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Must be detail-oriented and highly-analytical and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Must be able to travel to System facilities and affiliate sites. Responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required. 1 year of related work experience preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
- Full Time