EEG/Eplsy Department Manager ($6K Sign On Bonus * ext new hires)
- Location: Dallas, TX
- Posted: Apr 30, 2019
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, youll be part of a team thats providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, youll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patientsand for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of Americas Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
$6K SIGN ON BONUS
*external new hires only*
Provides leadership, guidance, and technical expertise to employees of EEG/Epilepsy department to furnish physicians with diagnostic tools which enhance their ability to treat patients.
- Must have a bachelors degree in Business Administration, Healthcare or a Social Services field.
- Must have six (6) years of technical neurophysiology experience to include two (2) years of management experience.
- Must be registered by the American Board of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (ABRET) as a Registered EEG Technologist (REEGT).
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.HCB: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to effectively manage department staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of all Neurophysiology procedures. (Epilepsy monitoring, EEGs, LTMS, ICU)
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, physicians, and employees. Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skill in meeting age related and handicapped patients' needs.
- Must have working knowledge of personal computers, word processors, spreadsheets, and database management software.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Neurology, Medical Technologist, Manager, EEG, ICU, Healthcare, Management