Application Spec/Sr/Call Back - Oncology
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Posted: Mar 19, 2019
Job Req ID: 188875
Position Number: 00093373
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 8am-5pm, M-F with possible rotating on-call for system support
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: IAS Oncology
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Location Details: 801 S McDowell
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
The Application Special Senior will implement and support technology and information systems initiatives impacting various clinical service lines with a focus on Medical Oncology. Responsible for all phases of the systems development lifecycle (design, build, test, train, etc.) as well as technology planning, improvement initiatives, and daily operations of IT oncology service line systems including but not limited to Cerner and integration with other systems. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents those programs. Provides guidance and training to other application specialists.
- Coordinates with clients and peers to enhance system functionality while understanding the possible ramifications to the client's business processes and Information Services. Ensures client requests are properly evaluated and responded to in a timely manner.
- Leads teams of one or more members in accordance with project demands. Ability to recognize individual team member competencies and assign tasks accordingly. Plans work effort of one's self and possibly other project team members.
- Manages training when necessary, inclusive of course development and delivery. Ability to break down complex problems into manageable tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of applications and their integration (interface) with and effect on other systems.
- Provides feedback to management to be used during the evaluation and counseling of team members.
- Leads projects in one or more aspects of the information systems lifecycle (product selection, business requirement definition, communication, implementation, issue resolution, production support). Develops workplans, estimates tasks, and properly records time tracking for one's self and possibly other team members.
- Ensures successful completion of assigned projects on schedule, within budget, and in accordance within CHS standards.
Must be able to lift objects that weigh up to 35 lbs. This position is subject to high-level visibility through verbal and written communications with senior hospital management, associated project deadlines, personnel evaluation, and counseling. Must be available for on-call support on a regular basis. Due to project requirements, overtime will be required, as needed.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field preferred. Formal training in Information systems, desktop applications, databases, software development packages and programming languages preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
- Full Time