Area Maintenance Mechanic- CMC Main-Days
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Posted: Mar 18, 2019
Job Req ID: 185624
Position Number: 00113402
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Maint - Carolinas Med Ctr
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: CMC Main
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Under the direction of an assigned Supervisor, performs minor repairs and routine maintenance of hospital buildings; including plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems, painting and/or wall covering repairs. Assists with building alteration projects. Functions as the department's first responder to assess service requests.
- Makes minor repairs and replacements to HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems as assigned.
- In the absence of other trade personnel, performs a variety of repairs on equipment as required to ensure that safety and patient care are not affected.
- Documents timesheets and work orders using computer based systems.
- Performs a variety of planned maintenance tasks and/or inspections on assigned equipment or area. Performs routine inspections and repairs on aesthetic issues.
- Assists outside service personnel, inspectors and vendors.
- Delivers good verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of hospital personnel.
Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds while taking materials to and from site. Must be mobile within entire facility(ies) including ability to access rooftops and crawl spaces. In performance of diagnosis, maintenance and repair of assigned equipment, will frequently be required to climb, lift, crawl, squat and kneel to obtain access to job. Exposure to electrical shock hazards, severe weather conditions, infectious diseases and hazardous chemicals.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. 2 years experience in total building maintenance required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
- Full Time