ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Fertility Clinic
- Location: Durham, NC
- Posted: May 17, 2019
Duke Fertility Clinic
Support the department and operational needs of the clinic, faculty, and staff to achieve efficient and optimal care for patients of Duke Fertility Clinic. Required to resolve moderately complex (non-routine) administrative problems independently and with others. Diverse and advanced tasks.
1. Maintain clinic schedules for all providers within Duke Fertility. Complete the PDC Request information after Providers have emailed information to HCA/SAM/NM. Forward any email requests from providers to HCA/NM/SAM if not previously included to inform the leadership team of the request.
2. Make updates to Q-Genda as appropriate for all schedule changes. Work directly with providers regarding scheduling concerns or questions. Act as primary to release provider call schedule to Duke paging and Call-A-Nurse
3. Develop advanced presentation materials to include MD, Patient Education, and Financial.
4. Develop and implement process to maintain all practice databases with weekly and monthly updates to include SART, billing for semen storage, and billing for embryo storage. Research and follow up on accounts unpaid after 45 days.
5. Collaborate with Health Center Administrator in determining the fiscal requirements of the clinic, submit budgetary recommendations, including equipment/supplies necessary for the provision of care.
6. Reconcile departments cost objects of DFC monthly, and submit documentation to Jim Morgridge by the 5th of the following month. Research budget variance and follow up to resolve issues.
7. Reconcile Corporate Card transactions held by administrators of DFC by the 25th of every month; alert HCA when completed.
8. Submit receipts for providers to Employee Travel and Reimbursements as necessary, and reconcile their departmental discretionary funds
9. Act as primary to handle clinic bill payments, keep purchase orders updated with appropriate monies, and submit check requests as necessary. Prior to ordering supplies through Buy@Duke review with HCA/NM.
10. Order clinic supplies ( Staples etc.) every Friday review with HCA/NM/SAM. Send out email every Wednesday before noon to all staff, providers and managers asking if they need supplies ordered that Friday. Request should be approved by appropriate manager (PDC to HCA or NM) PRMO supplies will be ordered by Service Access Manager and charged to PRMO Budget.
11. Answer e-mail requests from providers within 24hrs; return all voicemails within 24hrs.
12. Scribe minutes for monthly meetings, and all other meetings as indicated by clinic leadership, and provide HCA/NC/SAM for approval before sending to staff within 2 business days of the meeting.
13. Coordinate and schedule arrangements for meetings, clinic celebrations and social events as indicated by clinic leadership; keep clinic leadership informed of progress throughout the planning period.
14. Perform clerical duties as required in support of office functions, including but not limited to composing and typing letters, reports correspondence; maintaining appropriate files, screen and route mail documents and other duties incidental to the work described above and other duties as assigned.
15. Review faxes and contact patient when appropriate:
16. Open incoming mail and give to appropriate person. All insurance information open mail and give to HCA. If appears private give to appropriate person/provider.
17. Keep and update provider personal files as necessary and alert provider if additional information is needed. This is to include but not limited to DEA, NPI, and Licensure.
18. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Ability to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others
Ability to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information
Ability to use fine motor skills
Ability to use the computer and learn new software programs
Ability to document and communicate pertinent information using computer and/or paper documentation tools
Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking with the ability to move or lift at least fifty pounds Ability to remain focused and organized
Working knowledge and completion of appropriate TJC and other regulatory requirements
Skilled in working with spreadsheets, databases and power point presentations.
Medical terminology knowledge
Ability to effectively lead teams and establish and maintain effective relationships with other personnel
Knowledge of general accounting principles.
Strong customer service background and experience.
High school diploma required. A bachelors degree in a related field is strongly preferred.
Requires two years of a progressive nature in a healthcare setting to become knowledgeable of the complex activities associated with healthcare services.
An associates degree in healthcare of business may substitute for two years of experience. A Bachelors degree in healthcare of business may substitute for four years of experience
Review expenses against budget
Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment. Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours. Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation. Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs. Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies. Must travel between locations on needed basis. Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities. Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time. Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations. Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day. Must be able to lift 50lbs. Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs. Must be able to carry 50 lbs. Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
- FULL TIME