SALES CLERK (TEMP) - HOSPITALITY SHOP
- Location: Chapel Hill, NC
- Posted: Feb 7, 2019
- SALES CLERK (TEMP) - HOSPITALITY SHOP (TEM000AZ)
SALES CLERK (TEMP) - HOSPITALITY SHOP-TEM000AZ
Evenings, Mon-Fri 4:00pm-8:00pm, Sat/Sun 1:00pm-5:00pm
Serves as cashier, stocking and pricing merchandise in gift shop. Help with special vendor sales as needed.
1. Assists customers by answering questions, helping customers find merchandise and performing cashier duties. Accepts payment and gives change for purchased items.
2. Takes phone orders for items to be delivered to the patient room.
3. Helps at the vendor sales as requested.
4. Maintains shop appearance, keeping the shop clean and equipment in good repair. Rotates food items, stock and gift items.
5. Helps with receipt of merchandise to include putting it in the POS system. Print and label the merchandise for display in the shop.
6. Helps with the annual inventory as requested.
7. Operates and maintains the cash registers, computer, phones, and FAX machine. Balances cash drawer, counts day's receipts .
8. Inflates balloons as needed.
9. Resolves customer complaints or refers to manager as appropriate.
It is necessary to have good customer service skills for this position.
The ability to converse with diverse populations is essential.
Good money skills including the knowledge to count change back to customers
HS diploma or GED. Two (2) years of experience as a sales clerk or an equivalent combination of training and experience.