Reg Polysomnographic Tech - OPT - Nights - Sleep Medicine - INTEGRIS Bass Baptist Health - Enid
- Location: Oklahoma City, OK
- Posted: Feb 15, 2019
The Registered Polysomnographic Technologist performs routine, intermediate and advanced polysomnographic testing services including patient monitoring, testing and reporting. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Registered Polysomnographic Technologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Performs a variety of sleep studies in order to diagnose the type and extent of sleep disorders, as directed by a physician
* Collects and transmits biological specimens for analyses
* Performs and records routine patient assessment
* Calibrates and adjusts equipment, including troubleshooting minor problems
* Abides by written policies and procedures regarding treatment of the patient and are required to attain patient satisfaction
* Assists the director or lead technician in scoring the acquired data and preparing the data for interpretation by the board certified sleep physicians
The Registered Polysomnographic Technologist reports to the Lead Polysomnographic Technologist and the Director Sleep Disorders Center.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position requires sedentary type work with prolonged periods of seating during data acquisition. The work involves frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, and kneeling. The ability to reach with hand and finger dexterity is required for patient preparation. Carrying of equipment greater than 10lbs is frequent. The ability to lift and push is required for patient care and transporting of patients which may weight in excess of 300 pounds. May utilize computer keyboard up to 2 hours per day. Must be able to see in order to read, write and perform job duties. Must be able to communicate with other in person and by telephone.
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
This position has the potential for occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other infectious materials as defined by OSHA. Hazardous chemicals may be used during patient preparation and cleaning of equipment. Must follow universal safety precautions. May be required to work overtime, late shifts, weekends and be on call.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* 2 years of college education and current BCLS preferred
* Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT)
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Occasional Part Time