MEDICAL TECHNICIAN CERTIFIED
- Location: Ashland, KY
- Posted: Jan 18, 2019
The role of the Certified Medical Technician ED is to assist and/or perform patient care under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse and/or Physician. The Certified Medical Technician ED performs procedures, authorized by Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital and in support of OLBHs mission. No skills or procedures will be performed beyond the scope of practice delineated by the Kentucky Board of Emergency Medical Services for EMT-Basic in 202 KAR 7:707 Section 2 EMT, without completion of specific education and validation of competency.
1. Successful completion of an approved EMT education program.
2. The Certified Medical Technician ED must hold a current EMT certification without restrictions from the Kentucky Board of Emergency Medical Services, or equivalent training and experience.
3. Minimum of three (3) years EMT work experience preferred.
4. Must be considered in active status by the Kentucky Board of Emergency Medical Services as an EMT Basic.
5. Current CPR as well as ITLS or PHTLS card preferred, current ACLS, PALS, NRP preferred.