Physician Assistant or NP 1st Assist- Surgery-Orthopedics - Ortho Trauma
- Location: Portland, ME
- Posted: Jan 18, 2019
Maine Medical Partners
Department: MaineHealth Maine Medical Partners/Orthopedics Ortho Trauma
Std Hrs/Wk: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Full/Part Time: 40
Create Job Alert
Add to Cart
Monday Friday; rotating call
Maine Medical Partners, a MaineHealth member, is looking to hire a PA (or NP with first assist) to join a dynamic and experienced Orthopedic practice in Portland, Maine. The successful candidate will provide medical care and practice medicine with physician supervision, including conducting examinations and writing prescriptions through office-based evaluation and treatment of outpatients. These duties are performed in accordance with established standards and practices as defined by Maine Medical Center, the State of Maine, and the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
* Bachelors degree and successful completion of accredited physician assistant program.
* Current Physician Assistant license issued by the State of Maine or eligible of licensure.
* NCCPA certification.
* Current BLS required
* Knowledge of medical model and roles of physicians and physician assistants. Familiar with anatomy, pharmacology, pathophysiology, clinical medicine and physical diagnosis.
* Knowledge of indications for and proper techniques for office procedures
* Knowledge of patient assessment techniques including taking medical histories, performing physicals, evaluating health status including state of wellness, and compliance with care recommendations.
* Knowledge of diagnosing and treating medical problems and developing care plans.
* Skill in accurately evaluating patient problems in person or via phone and providing appropriate advice, intervention, or referral
* Ability to make responsible decisions within scope of PA practice.
* Ability to collaborate effectively with physicians on cases.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong computer skills.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physician Assistant or NP 1st Assist- Surgery-Orthopedics Ortho Trauma
Thank you for your interest in this position.
Please note, this application is to be used by current employees of Maine Medical Partners or MaineHealth System employees applying to another MaineHealth organization only. Other applicants must utilize the external application.
- Full Time
Schedule: Day Shift