AMBULATORY CARE NURSE II - Duke Urogynecology at Patterson Place
- Location: Durham, NC
- Posted: Feb 20, 2019
AMBULATORY CARE NURSE II - Patterson Place - Urogynecology
Independently plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in ambulatory clinic settings in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures.Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
1. Perform nurse procedures (urodynamics, anorectal manometry, bladder installation,PTNS) under the supervision of medical providers
2. Perform telephone and electronic medical record triage; provide medical advice and refill requests, schedule appointments, review lab results and treatpatients per protocols under the supervision of medical providers
3. Order clinic supplies, complete insurance and FMLA forms, complete requests for prior authorizations, abstract patient charts
4. Assist the physician during the examination and procedures
5. Collect/prepare laboratory and blood specimens; perform Point of Care laboratory tests
6. Sterilize medical instruments using High Level Disinfection and Autoclave as appropriate
7. Review medical and surgical instructions with patients and/or caregivers, and document in patient record.
8. Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician
9. Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers. Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of patient care and serve as a team leader
10. Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care, including equipment and material resources
11. Support the development of other staff and formal learners. Participate in the identification of clinical, operational and safety related performance improvement opportunities
12. Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the physician.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIESAbility to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors,healthcare team,physicians, administrators, leadership and others
Ability to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care
Ability to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information,treatment, and follow-up
Ability to record activities, document assessments, plan of care,interventions,evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status using computer documentation tools
Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively with providers,nursing staff, PRMO staff, and administrative staff
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program required.
All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing(or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
12 months of appropriate clinical experience is required.
Womens urology and/or gynecology experience preferred.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina.
WORKING CONDITIONSMust be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
Must travel between locations on needed basis.
Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.
Must be able to carry 50 lbs.
Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
- FULL TIME