Manager Medical Library Svcs -Full Time- Medical Library- INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center
- Location: Oklahoma City, OK
- Posted: Dec 14, 2018
The Manager of Library Services is responsible for the management and administration of library resources in support of patient care, consumer health, educational curriculum, and research. This includes responsibility for the collection, care, accessibility, and dissemination of medical resources both print and electronic, as well as supplying informational services to all INTEGRIS facilities. The manager is responsible for developing new programs, collection development, preparing the budget and annual reports, promoting technological advancement, maintaining statistics, providing for facilities design and upkeep, formulating policies and procedures, staffing, organizing day to day operations for the IBMC and ISMC libraries, and promoting and interpreting the library to users, and the outside community.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The Manager of Library Services responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Manages the Library Services support team including hiring, evaluating, mentoring and maintaining skill levels to support the dynamic healthcare environment.
* Develops the philosophy and objectives of the health library and knowledge services for INTEGRIS Health.
* Manages and administers the dissemination of all print and electronic resources to all INTEGRIS facilities
* Responsible for formulating, interpreting, reviewing and implementing policies and procedures and programs for all consumer and health library services.
* Oversees the daily operations of the IBMC and ISMC libraries.
* Serves as a consultant to all INTEGRIS facilities on the implementation and administration of library services and training.
* Develops a long range plan for library collections, staffing, and facilities.
* Works with patient care providers and others to determine content requirements and best-in-class knowledge resources, including technology based resource databases.
* Manages relationships with vendors and serves as primary contact.
* Participates in IT management to help facilitate the integration of knowledge resources into the care continuum linking to context-appropriate resources.
* Maintains a working knowledge of the Electronic Medical Record to facilitate integrated evidence based medical decision making.
* Oversees the web presence of library products and services.
Reports to the assigned manager, director, or vice president.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Normal office environment.
* Masters degree in Library Science accredited by the American Library Association (ALA) OR Masters degree in Health Care Administration or related field with 2 years of healthcare experience OR Bachelors degree in Library Science or Health Science with 5 years of healthcare experience
* Minimum of one year of healthcare management experience preferred
* Certification by the Academy of Health Information Professionals preferred
* Experience using the Internet, Word, Excel, Ovid, Quickdoc, PubMed, Docline, NLM resources, or other similar applications
* This job requires the incumbents to operate an INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current Drivers License from the state of residence, as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written).
- Full Time