Assistant, Laboratory I
- Location: St. Louis Park, MN
- Posted: Aug 29, 2018
The Lab Assistant will provide a wide range of laboratory services including specimen collection, client service and reception desk duties, ordering/ scheduling/ billing functions, waived laboratory testing, phlebotomy, dispatching, specimen processing, centrifuging, delivery of specimens to appropriate lab/ department and assuring proper efficiency and workflow management. Position will also serve as a resource for questions from hospital and clinic staff regarding specimen handling and processing.
High school graduate or equivalent is required. Experience in a medical related field or an applied science degree is desirable. Certification in phlebotomy and one year hospital experience preferred.
- Strong customer service skills, ability to work independently, good problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of age-related growth and development principles necessary to provide appropriate service and assure safety of patients.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills with the ability to meet time sensitive customer requests and changes on short notice.
- ASCP certification for phlebotomy preferred.
If travel is required for the position, Team member must have a valid drivers license and meet the insurability requirements relating to Park Nicollets motor vehicle violation criteria.
- Part Time
Schedule: M-F 730am-1230pm, occasional weekends and holidays