Advanced Practitioner/ Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant Urgent Care -Salisbury
- Location: Salisbury, NC
- Posted: Dec 29, 2017
Job Req ID: 151382
Position Number: 00108597
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 8a-8p -12 hour shifts, 3 days one week/4 days the following w/ every other weekend.
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Urgent Care Services
Location: CH Urgent Care - Salisbury
Functions independently in the urgent care based setting in collaboration with a supervising physician. Primary urgent care ACP practices autonomously in a care center alone or may be joined by a secondary ACP provider. Responsible for patient care as well as management of clinical ancillary team mates. Patient population is on a by-visit/walk-in basis and are stable. Unstable patients must be transferred to an emergency department facility. Emphasis on minor, office-based procedures are performed and there is sometimes follow-up with the patient population.
- Performs initial and periodic medical history, physical examinations.
- Records findings of examinations, assessments and plan of care.
- Performs minor office-based medical and/or surgical procedures.
- Writes appropriate prescriptions and administers medications.
- Orders and interprets laboratory and radiology examinations.
- Determines treatment plan for patient.
- Documents all patient encounters, records observations, interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate manner on the patient's medical record.
- Acts as a patient advocate for the population served.
- Attends, participates and contributes to group/practice meetings and development of policies and procedures when requested.
- Serves as a role model/clinical resource in all aspects of job performance and human relations skills.
- Assesses own practice needs, as well as those of the other members of the health care team, and develops methods to meet those needs.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms. Must possess intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to react and perform in stressful situations.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Must have or be eligible for a NC/SC DEA license. Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in NC/SC required. At least 5 years of ACP experience preferred. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and concentrate.
Masters Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. FNP, or PNP certification according to population served. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and concentrate.
Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Masters Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
- · Sign On Bonus!
- Relocation Assistance
- · Salary guarantee with incentives ( Production wRVU and Patient Experience)
- · No call or inpatient care
- · Episodic care only
· Flexible schedule (work only 7 days within a two-week period)
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer